Platinum Stones is founded by 6 decades old CPL Group. CPL stands for Late Ch. Pyare Lal, name of our founder, grandfather of our young managing director Mr Manik Poddar.
In 1952 Ch Pyare Lal & Bros was established at Pathankot, a small town located in the state of Punjab alongside the India-Pakistan border. The firm started with general departmental stores and expanded its operations as canteen contractors & suppliers for the Indian Armed forces. Moving ahead, the group were appointed as distributors for various leading international FMCG companies in the states of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab. In the late 1980’s CPL expanded its presence in the northern Indian States of Delhi and Uttar Pradesh with FMCG distribution.
In the 1990’s the group also ventured in automobile dealership business.
With the onset of the new millennium, the youngest entrepreneur from the third generation of the family decided to step out of the traditional lines of family business with an investment in to the natural stone processing business and establishing Platinum Stones. With no background in stone industry a decade ago, humble beginnings as a granite processor and domestic supplier, today Platinum Stones is your preferred natural stone company with satisfied clients across 5 continents and manufacturing facilities and alliances at 15 towns in India.